Monday, September 15, 2008

Tornados.

Last Friday, the Kansas City area experienced some exciting weather. The tropical storm that came through created the perfect situation for tornados. There were a few that hit ground but nowhere near our apartment. Sirens went on and off for several hours and warnings scrolled across the TV. It was crazy especially when you are use to ignoring tornado warnings. St. Louis never gets tornados.

And of course, Casey was gone and I really didn't know what to do. During one of the first sirens, I walked to the Walmart that is 3 minutes away. (Our apartment doesn't really have a basement.) I figured Walmart would be a safer bet. Sure enough while I was walking through Walmart they told all of their employees to head to the back so I followed and hung out there for 20 minutes. As soon as they let their employees go, I left and headed back to the apartment.

And I stayed at the apartment the rest of the time.

No comments: