Friday, September 26, 2008

Jade Jewel

Most of our furniture is pretty old-school (everything accept for our kitchen table). In attempts to make it cool, we took off the doors and painted our entertainment center jade jewel. :) I love it. I'm figuring out how I want to decorate it but right now it is still drying.





It's not exactly the easiest thing to do in an apartment..come to find out BUT we did pretty good considering.

We are proud of ourselves. :) We were inspired by the green desk at Pottery Barn and thought that we should could try to do it ourselves.



Now I just need a slip cover for our couch.

3 comments:

Katie said...

That turned out SOOO good! I love how it looks! If it's latex, and you want it to stay nice for a couple of years, you might want to throw a coat of poly on it. The latex dents and scratches easily. Just from experience...
I can't tell you how much I love that color. Now I wish I would have done something more bold!

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...I'll ask Casey about the latex thing. I have no clue. :)

Thank you though....

Anonymous said...

It looks really pretty. I applaud your boldness of color! We lived in a house for years and never painted, in fact, when we sold it, the walls were still construction white! And now we've lived in this house for 2 years and we've painted everything cream or buttercream!