Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dunes, Jobs, and School

Kristin wants me to let you know that this is casey


I have had my first trip to the world famous dunes. If you don't know what the dunes are, imagine little boys and a big sandbox. Now imagine bigger boys and a much bigger sandbox.

This was the toy of the day...


This was the engine in the toy of choice. If you know anything about engines and horsepower ..yes its an LS7. Not an LS1. Not an LS6, because those would only be semi-ridiculous. LS7

Since we only took day trip Tim wanted to take his stuff home for end of the season. On the way home we had some flat tires. Tires...with an S.

In the middle of the tire situation I was pulled over by Arizona's finest for my license plate light being out. I got off with a warning.

It was a fun trip.

While we were in So. Cal. at a rundown tire shop we sat in the RV and watched MLB TV. In one word...AWESOME!


I have been looking for a job since we arrived in AZ. I have somewhere around 50 applications/Resumes out there and about 4 or 5 prospective job possibilities. My 401k being cut by 65% did not convince me that our economy was bad. When Wal-Mart told me that they were on a hiring freeze I was convinced. I do have some good leads and with all of your prayer hopefully I will have a job soon.

School...

As many of you know I started school this week. I have two days under my belt and so far so good. We have been hearing a lot of motivational speeches and going on tours of the building. (I am about done with that.) I have met a lot of cool people and I am starting to make friends. I was told that tomorrow we will start digging into real class stuff, so I am excited. I am in a class called "Basic Engines". Like I said we have not covered a whole lot of material yet, however I am already learning new things and I can tell that it is going to be a lot of fun.

All of the prayers are starting to pay off!

Thanks so much

No comments: